Teacher, Healer, Urban Ceremonialist & Mesa Carrier: Jnana Gowan (pronounced gyana)
Having been on the medicine path for over 20 years, Jnana Gowan came to the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition (PMT) of cross-cultural shamanism in 2008. Since then, she has shared the practice and its teaching to cultivate greater connection with the earth and has assisted folks on the path of healing, both personally and planetarily.
Born with a load of fire and passion, Jnana gratefully works with the PMT Shamanic arts to balance her energies and focus her mind. Her deepest prayer is to share the magic and profound transformation that can happen when engaging in simple acts of ritual and ceremony. Sharing ayni (the Quechua term for sacred reciprocity) with others opens one to the potential of deep change.
As the director & founder of Powerhouse Education, Jnana (pronounced gyana) is a Sanctioned Teacher of the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition and a mesa carrier who is filled with deep gratitude to the earth and spirit world.
A yoga practitioner and instructor since 2000, Jnana’s workshops, classes and retreats are infused with her unique blend of enthusiasm, insight, body-knowledge and a good sense of humor.
As for her true loves and inspiration, she is mindfully-married to her husband Jeff for 15 years and bows down to her guru-son, Riley Coyote, who has been her teacher since 2001.
Her credentials include:
- Sanctioned Teacher of the Pachakuti Mesa tradition
- Three-year apprenticeship with Mateo (Matthew ) Magee; author of "Peruvian Shamanism: The Pachakuti Mesa Tradition"
- Reiki II Practitioner since 2001
- Two-time completion of the Pachakuti Mesa (PMT) of Cross Cultural Shamanism Apprenticeship Training Program with Judy Hoaglund
- Co-Leading with Suze Allen, Women In Transition – Climbing Into Your Authentic Self (women intensive) at The Esalen Institute since 2010
- Co-Leading with Dr. Cassandra Vieten (President and CEO Noetics Institute) Mindful Motherhood workshops and intensives; SF Zen Center, Noetics Sciences Retreat Center, The Esalen Institute
- Writing the prenatal yoga chapter in Mindful Motherhood
- Writing the At Your Desk Yoga chapter for the book "Executive Stamina" by Marty Seldman
- 400+ hours completion of certified yoga instruction programs and 15 years of yoga instruction
- Developing The Bunny Head Yoga Program/Earth Stewardship for Children in 2003
- Director of Powerhouse Education summer camps in 2008-2016